Uncategorized

No Bust Blackjack Strategy: Does it Work?





Busting is the worst. So what if you just never hit a hand that could go over 21? In this video, long time blackjack players Colin Jones and Loudon Ofton explain why using a “no bust’ strategy may be appealing, and the math behind why it doesn’t work.

SUBSCRIBE for weekly Card Counting training:

BLACKJACK BASIC STRATEGY CHART:

Get access to our FREE Card Counting Mini-Course:

source

46 comments

  1. For those interested in learning Basic Strategy, this will help you memorize it faster:
    https://www.blackjackapprenticeship.com/how-to-memorize-basic-strategy/

    Reply
  2. Before I even watch this video I'll say that no bust does not work.

    Yep I was right.

    Reply
  3. do the odds change if your playing a 6 deck shoe vs say a 1,2 or 3 deck shoe?

    Reply
  4. The casino wants you to play basic strategy; they encourage it. Isn't that in itself suspicious?

    Reply
  5. There ARE times of course, depending on count, that you DON'T want to hit ur bust hands. Kinda feel like this is a little bit misleading. Yes, 100% agree, learn basic strategy 1st. Then adjust ur play/bet sizing from there. Depending on count. No Just strategy in the appropriate situation is fine. Of course, ur still gonna piss people of playing that way. But so be it if that's the advantage at that particular point in the shoe

    Reply
  6. Playing basic strategy can keep you in the game for very long time… with very little risk… it's just like a coin tossed can't win much but can't lose much!

    Reply
  7. Never hitting your stiff hand is a stupid strategy played by rookies! Also, always hitting your stiff hands is a stupid strategy played by rookies!

    Reply
  8. I do OK using the no bust strategy. I vary my bets.

    Reply
  9. Bust a nut

    Reply
  10. I wish I had more hands so I can’t give this video 4 thumbs down👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾

    Reply
  11. A simple no bust strategy is certainly a bad idea.
    A stand back and let the dealer bust when the count is high is a better strategy.

    Reply
  12. I obviously don't see it the same way you do. If it's just a choice of hit or stand, I will do what simply gives me the best chance of winning (plus half the chance of pushing), it's as simple as that. Now DOUBLING DOWN instead of hitting or standing, now THAT is a tough decision, because THAT requires risking more money, not merely maximizing your chances of winning a fixed amount of money that is at risk. In fact, it's easier for ME to HIT on a hand than stand on it in general, because if it improves your expectation to hit, it definitely decreases your standard deviation a LOT….. because if you STAND on 16 or less, you're either going to win or lose, but if you HIT, you're going to win, lose or PUSH, so if it improves your statistical expectation by hitting, then it decreases the standard deviation of the outcome a lot by consolidating some of the win and loss percentages into a push percentage, and to me, higher standard deviation is what is scary (hence doubling down is scarier even if it improves expectation).

    Reply
  13. I thought that if you remove busting yourself from the equation you shift the odds in your favor because more card numbers can bust the dealer over time.

    Reply
  14. Your basic strategy chart is only for 4-8 deck with dealer HITTING on soft 17 ! Not exactly the same for tables where the dealer STANDS on soft 17

    Reply
  15. my strategy depends on the dealer busting, the dealer busts more in a six or eight deck game because theres more tens

    Reply
  16. So theory is you should always hit hands 12 through 16 when the dealer is showing a 7 or higher … is that correct

    So if the dealer is showing 6 or lower and you have a 12 through 16 you should stand? Is that correct

    Reply
  17. Stay, unless the dealers been handing out high cards then hit.

    Reply
  18. You can't win. The dealers cheat you. You guys need to do your homework!

    Reply
  19. thats where cards counting come to play, if its – then you need to hit, but if its + then you just have to stand

    Reply
  20. I have the best strategy , don't gamble. Period.
    Do you really think that the casino it's open 24 7 because for people to win ?

    Reply
  21. So ?

    Reply
  22. So ??

    Reply
  23. Most people playing with scared money, small bankroll usually play no bust way even tho it's wrong play. You need the bread to not play scared.

    Reply
  24. no-bust strategy works good with 3 or more players before your hand and some form of betting system, definitely not what is shown here.

    Reply
  25. How about when casinos manipulated the cards, For a example I being seeing a lot of times when you’re in the table you will only see 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 And very rarely a face card or a Aces, No matter if you stay in 13 14 15 or 16, They will make a hand .

    Reply
  26. FOOLS ODDS, VEGAS WOULD NOT EXIST, IF ANY SYSTEM COULD MAKE ODDS IN YOUR FAVOR. STILL WAITING TO SEE ANY STRATEGY WITH ACCURATE ODDS OF SURVIVAL. NOBODY REALLY WAS PAYING ATTENTION IN STATISTICS CLASS? I KNOW IT WAS NAP TIME. PICTURE THIS" IF YOU WERE TO PUT YOURSELF IN THE LINE OF FIRE N SURVIVE ONE ENCOUNTER, WITH POSS. OF VICTORY. YOUR TRUE ODDS R DOUBLED NEG N POSITIVE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO EXPOSE YOURSELF AGAIN. U CAN NOT CHANGE REALITY. ANY SYSTEM U TRY TO WIN WHILE DOUBLING YOUR CHANCE TO LOSE IS A FOOLS PATH. ITS KNOWING WHAT NOT TA DO N LUCK PERIOD. JUST HAVE FUN N LIMITS. OR I DO HAVE A BRIDGE FOR SALE., IN CONCLUSION DO YOU THINK THESE "BRAIN GENIUSES" WOULD BE SHARING THIS INFO. WOULDN'T THEY BE SPENDING THE LOOT NOT TIME? LOL "REALFICTION" 2 ME LOL,LOL,LOL

    Reply
  27. Sorry I do not agree if I never bust how do I lose more

    Reply
  28. if you play a no bust strategy there is a good chance you will get accused of counting cards and they will tell you to leave

    Reply
  29. There is more to the No-bust strategy than what was said in this video.

    Reply
  30. Basic strategy makes money for the house! They will provide you a card to play it.

    Reply
  31. The first example you showed confused me because in the UK I've never seen the dealer recieve a face down card like that. Usually they just recieve one face up card.

    Reply
  32. Anwser is no. Played no bust many times. When you stay on 12 and watch dealer flip over 20 you feel dumb. and its constant beef at the tables with other patrons.

    Reply
  33. If u cant count cards it's not a good strategy

    Reply
  34. Basic jakjak strategy .??

    Reply
  35. Vagrancy in somebody's office personnel promotion ha ..?jakjak

    Reply
  36. Damn they are playing black jackol ….perversion .?

    Reply
  37. The advantage in Blackjack favouring the Banker is very high.Blackjack is a con. You play it, you are conned.

    Reply
  38. Can you explain the variation between your chart on basic strategy moves and the chart from Wizard of Odds? There are minor differences, such as doubling / not doubling with a soft 13-16 against a 2.

    Reply
  39. Please explain what I'm missing. If I have 16 and the dealer is showing a 7.

    PLAYER: There are 5 cards that "won't bust" me (A,2,3,4,5) 38.46%, 8 cards that "will bust" me (6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K) 61.53%.

    DEALER: Face down card – there are 5 cards that will beat me (10,J,Q,K,A) 38.46%, 3 cards that could help them (2,3,4) 23.07%, 5 that are bad for them (5,6,7,8,9) 38.46%.

    So why take a chance with a 61.53% chance of busting, when the dealer at best has a 38.46% chance of beating me before drawing a new card? Even if you added up all possible good cards for the dealer (2,3,4,10,J,Q,K,A) 61.53% it would make it a 50/50 chance with me taking the first round in Russian roulette?

    Thanks!

    Reply
  40. The no bust is for the player 2 ways to win 1 way to lose and for the dealer 2 ways to lose and 1 way to win

    Reply
  41. 15 is actually a horrible hand because your forced to take the highest risk in the game from my opinion not gambling is the best option

    Reply
  42. Ok get ready guys this is full proof I have a for sure fire way to NEVER bust. Ok so you… CHEAT

    Reply
  43. Easy playing one on one factor in the whole table thinking differently thats hard

    Reply
  44. if you play one on one with the dealer it pays to occasionally stay on crappy hands,…let the dealer draw,…but …if you're with other players you might piss everybody off sitting on every hand.

    Reply
  45. what a video start. claims they trained more successful people then anyone as a way to lure you in. man. what tangible evidence can you show to support your claim…if u can show evidence to support you are trained more successful card counters than anybody i'll come back and watch this video.

    Reply
  46. I still think basic strategy is a casino creation. You really telling me that casinos in Vegas, who need to maximize profits for their shareholders, are going to GIVE YOU and ALLOW you to use a basic strategy card at the table so they can have the WORST chance of beating you?

    I’ve used no bust and I’ve won a lot more than I’ve lost.

    The dealer has a couple ways of beating you why make it easy on them by busting?

    Reply

Have your say